Friday 17 April 2009

Tripping Daisy - I Got A Girl



You know what? I'm not sure how much I like this. I know I used to, and listening to it again... Well. Dunno. The a-side is good, but it's very much of its time, if you know what I mean. The cover is great, though, and for that alone it earns its place. Have a listen, see what you think.

Actually, on second 2009 listen (as opposed to many, many 199...5? listens) it's definitely worth an ear. Give it a go. The interesting thing about this lot, which I'd like to pretend to know, but just found out on Wikipedia (so it must be true) is that the singer, bass player and two drummers went on to found the Polyphonic Spree, while a guitarist started The Secret Machines.

1. I Got A Girl
2. Noose
3. Cause Tomb Shop
4. Margarita Tropendzando

Hear here.

No comments:

Post a Comment