Friday 3 April 2009

Teenage Fanclub - Neil Jung (CDs 1 & 2)



So, as kind of promised, here's some more Teenage Fanclub for y'all. Has there ever been another band with such an abundance of good b-sides, covers and so on? Probably, come to think of it, but these guys are the kings of it, in my opinion.

First up is CD1, which has two quite brilliant b-sides ('Every Step Is A Way Through' is one of my favourite TFC songs), and one great one.

1. Neil Jung
2. My Life
3. Every Step Is A Way Through
4. The Shadows



And here's CD2, which has an alternative version of the title track, one not-so-great b-side, but a killer one in 'Hi-Fi'. Fourth track is a Yo La Tengo cover (a good one, too), clocking in at what must be a Teenage Fanclub record of sorts - 12:43...

1. Neil Jung (Alt. Version)
2. Traffic Jam
3. Hi-Fi
4. I Heard You Looking

CD1 is here, and CD2 is here. Somewhere I have the 7" with yet another b-side. One single - seven b-sides! Those were the days... If it turns up I'll stick it up.

While I'm at it, here's the Fannies doing something you probably haven't heard before - I hadn't until a couple of weeks back. Very entertaining...

3 comments:

  1. as far as i can tell this was never released on 7", the alternate version might be on the bonus 7" single that came with the vinyl grand prix album... i should go find out really

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog!!Many thanks for this content!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi

    great blog
    I would really apreciate if you could upload your teenage fan club EPs

    thanks a lot

    ReplyDelete