Thursday 30 April 2009

Teenage Fanclub - I Need Direction



I know. But this is the last Teenage Fanclub for a bit, until I find whatever box the Scotland On Sunday CD is in... I love this song - the 'ba ba ba baaaas' are great. You'll find out. Both b-sides are also killer, yet another brilliant Raymond song and a very good Pixies cover.

I can't remember why, but I also have the b-sides of the other single on my computer, so for completeness I'm sticking them up too. They're labelled 2 and 6 for some reason. There's a Gerry Love song (although not one of his best, for what my opinion's worth) and an acoustic version of the a-side. Enjoy!

CD1
1. I Need Direction
2. I Lied
3. Here Comes Your Man

CD2
2. On This Good Night
6. I Need Direction (acoustic)

CD1 is here, and the b-sides of CD2 are here.

3 comments:

  1. Great post, thanks. When are the folks at their label gonna get smart and issue a comprehensive box set with all the b-sides and compilation tracks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - I don't know... I guess it's something to do with mainly being on Creation, who've snuffed it. I wonder who has the rights now? They did bring out Deep Fried Fanclub some years ago.

    I found a link to a load of all their b-sides and things a little while back - I'll see if I can find it again tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here it is - hope it's still active!

    http://moon-voices.blogspot.com/2009/03/teenage-fanclub-assorted-b-sides.html

    ReplyDelete