Sunday 26 April 2009

Spiritualized - Electricity (CD1)



Along with the double a-side thing, with a few exceptions, the other thing I'm not too keen on is live versions of stuff as b-sides. It always seems like a bit of a cop-out to me, but in this case they are awesome. Spiritualized have always been so good live that it's nice to hear it come over on recordings as good as these, and they're such good songs too.

This is off Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space, which is one of my favourite albums. I have a friend who bought it in the limited CD pack when it came out, where each track was on an individual 3" CD in a blister pack, like pills. The whole thing is packaged like medicine, with advice on dosage etc. He bought it on normal CD too, as he couldn't bring himself to pop any of the CDs out of the special packaging. I wonder what it's worth now...

1. Electricity (Radio Edit)
2. Take Your Time (Live)
3. All Of My Tears (Live)
4. Cool Waves (Instrumental)

It's here (tm).

No comments:

Post a Comment