Thursday 2 April 2009

Laptop - I'm So Happy You Failed, CDs 1 & 2















This is Jesse Hartman's second band (that I know of), after Sammy. Doesn't quite fit in with the mid-90s theme of the rest of the stuff here, but Sammy did, so I'm counting it. This is both the CDs of this single, 'cos I found it as a promo somewhere. It's not far off Beck, Mellow Gold period, both in the voice and the music. Although he sounds a lot more like Neil Hannon at time. The single itself is good (and what a great title), and the b-sides are all worth a listen.

"The Brazilians are happy! The Japanese are happy! The British are happy! The whole of North America is happy! Of course, the Germans are happy!"

1. I'm So Happy You Failed (single version)
2. The Reason
3. Generational Pattern
4. I'm So Happy You Failed (long version)
5. Wedding Band

Get happy.

1 comment: