Tuesday 17 November 2009

Teenage Fanclub - Teenage Fanclub Have Lost It



Picture the scene... It's 1995, and with £1.49 (in cash) I wander into HMV on Oxford Street. I'm pretty up on what's coming out - I read the NME, listen to Mark and Lard on Radio 1. But... What's this? It's an unexpected gem from Teenage Fanclub! I don't know what the story is behind it, if there is one, but you have here a little EP with an acoustic version of a song from each of the first four LPs. They're played on instruments including (and I quote) shakers, Ibanez analog delay, crotales, flageolet and treble recorder.

It needs no introduction, so please ignore all that. It is:

1. Don't Look Back
2. Everything Flows
3. Starsign
4. 120 Mins.

It's been a while, but here's some more TFC. I've dug out a load of other good stuff too, which will appear shortly...

9 comments:

  1. Would love to hear this but the link is broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.

    I'll see if I can dig it it out and stick it back up, bear with me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good man, cool. Going through a big TFC b-side listening phase.

      Delete
  3. Right - link's back up. Hope you like it!

    Say, do you have any of the later singles? I kind of lost track on the very latest ones:

    Dumb Dumb Dumb (I've heard these, but it was on a now defunct streaming site)
    Did I Say
    Fallen Leaves
    It's All In My Mind
    Baby Lee

    Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much. Looking forward to listening to this.

    I'm not as far forward as Howdy-era and related singles yet but I do have some of those b-sides that I have downloaded. Any that I'm missing I am going to chase up so if you are missing any let me know and I can repay the favour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, hope you enjoy it.

      I'm missing everything I listed above - I know some of it's available on eBay and stuff, but it's well expensive, so anything you can dig up would be much appreciated.

      I also re-upped the Scotland on Sunday CD, if you're interested.

      Delete
  5. Any chance for a re-up? I would be forever in your debt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there. Sorry for the delay - here's a new link. Enjoy!

    http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/DX5pkTLW/file.html

    ReplyDelete