Friday 13 November 2009

Cud - Sticks And Stones 12"



A friend of mine (hello Mike) saw that I'd been listening to Cud, and stated that their third LP, 'Leggy Mambo' may be the best Indie album ever. Who am I to argue? That said, here's a single off their last (and fifth) record - 'Showbiz'. It's on eMusic, along with 'Leggy Mambo' and 'Elvis Belt', but sadly not 'Asquarius' which was the one I first got into, and so has a special place in my heart. I've got into the rest of their stuff since then, and recommend all of it - there's even a 'best of' if you're feeling lazy.

If you don't know this band, I'd suggest this single is a good place to start. Also, it contains one of my favourite Cud songs ever; 'Ski Bum'. The other two b-sides (those were the days... 12" single, 45rpm, great a-side, three b-sides you'd never heard before, and some more songs on the CD...) are good too.

Lovely stuff. I really recommend this one - been meaning to post it for ages!

1. Sticks And Stones
2. Ski Bum
3. Down The Plug
4. My Keyhole Don't Keep Secrets Anymore

Here's a donkey with a Fez on.

1 comment:

  1. Any chance of the stuff post showbiz? donkey with a fez on indeed?

    ReplyDelete