Sunday 8 November 2009

The Housemartins - Happy Hour and Caravan Of Love 7"s



Hello hello hello. I'm shifting decades today, for one night only, and sending y'all back to 1986. I went for a wander around a little town called Nailsworth in Somerset the other day, and in an RSPCA charity shop found a mass of 80s 7"s. Most of them weren't too good, or I had them already, but I couldn't resist these two. It was quite a collection - I guess some poor chap must have died and they were given away; a lot of them had the date of release, chart position, that kind of thing written on the covers.

Anyway, enough with the story. I don't have to tell you much about these, surely? Both great singles, especially 'Happy Hour', and good b-sides too. I couldn't resist them, and however much of a music snob you think you are, I doubt you can either... Go on... No-one will ever know...

Happy Hour
1. Happy Hour
2. The Mighty 'Ship

Caravan Of Love
1. Caravan Of Love
2. When I First Met Jesus




Here's Happy Hour, and here's Caravan Of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment