Sunday 15 November 2009

The Southwest Experimental Pop Band - Skinny 7"



Here's a rarity for y'all. This is The Southwest Experimental Pop Band's 1995 single, the first on their Swarf Finger label, from a limited run of 500. They changed their name fairly early on to The Experimental Pop Band, and did at least a couple of Peel Sessions. If you can find anything else by them then I recommend having a listen to it - it's all good. This was around the heyday of the Bristol 'trip-hop' scene, with Tricky, Massive Attack and Portishead the most famous (and long-lived) of the bands.

The SWEPB were great, though, and not anything like as appreciated as they should be. Their drummer also recorded a demo for a band I was in many, many years ago, and was an exceptionally patient man. I hope you enjoy this as much as I have been, and if anyone's interested I have at least one more 12" of theirs kicking around.

1. Skinny
2. 20th Century Tack

It's yer.

No comments:

Post a Comment