Saturday 29 August 2009

The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Experimental Remixes



So here's a big ol' EP for y'all to listen to. All (except 'Tour Diary') are remixes of what were already great tracks off the LP 'Orange', by various luminaries of the time (and indeed still now). Some of them are as you might expect, especially Beck (which he sings on) and Moby (which sounds like a Moby track). 'Tour Diary' is a 17:13 epic, with bits of live (practice?) recordings, bits of interviews (q: "can a white man sing the blues?" a: "... he shaves his eyebrows.") I have to be honest and say I've not made it all the way through track 7, but I'm sure someone out there is braver than me.

I don't have the original CD with me now, so I can't be sure, but it seems that the labelling of tracks 2 and 3 is wrong, as Beck is clearly singing on track 3 - these listings are what iTunes told me. Either way, it's all good, and I won't be offended if you change the names.

1. Bellbottoms (Old Rascal Mix - U.N.K.L.E.)
2. Flavor Part 1 (Beck)
3. Flavor Part 2 (Mike D)
4. Soul Typecast (Dub Narcotic Sound System)
5. Greyhound Part 1 (Moby)
6. Greyhound Part 2 (Featuring Killah Priest)
7. Tour Diary

It's right here...

p.s. Although August hasn't exactly been a flurry of posts, September's going to be even worse, as I won't be around for the first couple of weeks - check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment