Monday 24 August 2009

Garbage - Stupid Girl



I started buying the 7"s by these guys just after they released the last one which is still worth a fortune. I think I have one in a cardboard cover with a kind of hologram on the front, but it was the early ones which you can sell for a bucketload of money. Or you used to be able to, for sure.

Anyway, this is a good track, and I was reminded how good when I listened to it earlier this evening. The b-sides are good too, especially the Red Snapper mix, which is great, and highly recommended. If you like either of the bands you'll enjoy it. 'Driving Lesson' does, I'd have to say, sound a little like it wouldn't have made an album, but the mixes are cool. If you don't know the band at all then 'Stupid Girl' is quite a good introduction, you should check out the first LP if you like it.

1. Stupid Girl
2. Driving Lesson
3. Dog New Tricks (The Pal Mix)
4. Stupid Girl (Red Snapper Mix)

Here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment