Wednesday 19 August 2009

Placebo - Teenage Angst



Given that this is my second Placebo post, it must give the impression I'm a big fan. I'm not, to be honest, but I was really into their first LP a few years back, so have got various singles off it.

This one wins its place because it was a two-7" set, which went into its own gatefold sleeve. Sweet. I don't have long to tell you about it, but essentially it's of interest to Placebo fans, b-side wise, until you get to the last track - 'H.K. Farewell' - which is great. The rest aren't so good (but if you like the band you'll enjoy hearing them).

The single itself was the first track I ever heard by them, on a John Peel show many years ago, and loved it. It's still a killer tune, but my God those lyrics should have warned me about the rest of their career...

7" one:
1. Teenage Angst
2. Been Smoking Too Long
3. Hug Bubble

7" two:
1. Teenage Angst (Amsterdam V.P.R.O. Session)
2. Flesh Mechanic (Demo)
3. H.K. Farewell

First 7" is here, second is here. Enjoy! (And sorry about the crappy vinyl!)

No comments:

Post a Comment