Tuesday 25 August 2009

The Divine Comedy - The Frog Princess



Here's a band that, whenever I listen to them, I wish I knew a bit more of their stuff. I've just never really got round to it, apart from singles, and watching a live DVD once. They (he, really) are very, very good though. Great lyrics, and great tunes too. This one is a prime example, as are the b-sides. The 'demo' b-side is a great example of what you can do with a Casio and some talent... 'Tonight We Fly' is a fine song too.

If you like this, or even if you don't, you should check out The Duckworth Lewis Method album. It's all about cricket, which we English are right back into since Sunday (even while I'm in Tokyo, where just two bars in a city about 15 times bigger than London were showing it).

Anyway, enough of this. Enjoy Mr Hannon at his very finest.

1. The Frog Princess
2. Something Before The Weekend (Demo)
3. Neptune's Daughter
4. Tonight We Fly

Fact into doubt won't go.

No comments:

Post a Comment