Thursday 30 July 2009

Royal Trux - Map Of The City



This reminded me how good these guys could be. It's a great track on the a-side, and the b-side went from dreadful (on first listen) to amazing (on third), so give it a chance! It's a blues/Hammond/rock/production masterpiece. I saw them years ago supporting Teenage Fanclub, which was a pretty weird combination, and then picked this up on purple tie-dyed 7"... Those were the days.

If you like it, and it may be a bit of an acquired taste, I would recommend the albums 'Thank You' and 'Accelerator'. I only say this because they're the only two I know, mind, but I have a feeling that they didn't always manage to match the quality of those two. Give them a go...

1. Map Of The City
2. National Mother

They're heeeeeere.

I'm off to Tokyo for six weeks or so, so I have no idea whether I'll be able to post anything for a while. I will if I can. If I can't, then please come back in September and normal (patchy) service will be resumed...

No comments:

Post a Comment