Tuesday 7 July 2009

China Drum - Can't Stop These Things 7"



I haven't scanned the little sticker which is on the front of the plastic sleeve for this record, but if I had then you would see the thrilling words "Includes Wuthering Heights". It says this because this single includes Wuthering Heights. I had never heard the Kate Bush song before I heard their version, and so her original came as something of a surprise. I suspect you folks are more musically educated than I was then, so hopefully you'll find this version something of a surprise. I think it's great.

Saw this band in a tiny venue in Bristol called The Lousiana, and they were brilliant. Singing drummer and all. The LP this single is taken from (good single it is too) is called Goose Fair, and worth seeking out. They had another one later which isn't all that.

1. Can't Stop These Things
2. Wuthering Heights

Newcastle's finest are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment