Tuesday 14 July 2009

Inspiral Carpets - Bitches Brew (CDs 1 & 2)



Great stuff this. I guarantee this will take you back... Here's a band which seem to have been a little forgotten in the grand scheme of things, but they had some brilliant songs. This EP is a good place to start if you don't know them, as it's stuffed with live 'best of' b-sides (and a killer a-side), so I hope you like it. Them. I hope you like them.

They did a track with Mark E Smith on a later album, which is well worth seeking out. I'm now desperately trying to recall what it was (Saturn 5? Certainly on the same album), but perhaps one of you folks can remind me? Anyway, if you like this I recommend finding some more. If you don't, well, I'll send the Clint Boon Experience round your house to duff you up.

CD1:
1. Bitches Brew
2. Mermaid (live)
3. Born Yesterday (live)
4. Sleep Well Tonight (live)



CD2:
1. Bitches Brew (Fortran 5 Horse Mix)
2. Dragging You Down (live)
3. Smoking Her Clothes (live)
4. Fire (live)

One is here, two is here.

2 comments:

  1. The Inspiral Carpets / Mark E Smith collaboration was a single called 'I Want You' which was recently used in a car commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any chance of a re-up?

    ReplyDelete