Saturday 29 September 2012

The Jesus And Mary Chain - I Love Rock 'N' Roll CDS


I seem to remember this was a bit of a comeback for these guys, after their early 90's classics. This was 1998, as Creation Records was on the way out (I think, excuse me if I'm remembering it wrong). Anyway, it's a really good single - one of my favourites of theirs, to be honest. And it's got brass on it, which is a bit of a departure. I like to think it's through some kind of pedal though.

The first couple of b-sides are really good, and seeing as it was the 90's there are the correct number for a CD single (3). The first is quieter than the single, with a nice guitar solo over a lot of it. '40,000K' is probably the best of the three, with an ace distorted bass (I think) sound. 'Nineteen 666' sounds like a pissed-up mess, to be honest, with an even more pissed-up sampler.

You remember those cards which you used to post to Leamington Spa somewhere to get on the band's mailing list? This still has it in there. Might send it off.

1. I Love Rock 'N' Roll
2. Easy Life, Easy Love
3. 40,000K
4. Nineteen 666

H-YA!

No comments:

Post a Comment