Thursday 6 September 2012

Sugar - If I Can't Change Your Mind (CDS)


Second of the two Sugar singles, and the proper mix of this song. Brilliant. Can't fault it. You must surely know Sugar, but if you've not listened in a while I hope this makes you go back to them.

The first b-side on this is another one which I could imagine on the album, if not maybe on Beaster, and it's really good. It's instrumental, which I guess gave it b-side status. Not as pop as the a-side. The other b-sides are from a live show, the whole of which was recorded, and is on one of the CDs with the re-issues. 'Anyone' I know nothing about. Another cover? 'Hoover Dam' is just superb in any format, any performance. Enjoy.

Just realised that the live show has just passed its 20th anniversary. Feeling old yet?

1. If I Can't Change Your Mind
2. Clownmaster
3. Anyone (Live at Caberet Metro, Chicago, 22/07/1992)
4. Hoover Dam (Live at Caberet Metro, Chicago, 22/07/1992)

Go here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I didn't realise there was another version of this. Is there any possiblity of a re-upload as the mediafire file is dead.Here's hoping anyway.

    Many thanks for a great blog,
    Steve.

    ReplyDelete