Wednesday 31 October 2012

The Pastels - Thru' Your Heart / Firebell Ringing CDS



Well. Nearly missed October entirely. Never fear - there are still a few hours of Halloween left, so here's a completely unconnected post.

Boo!

What's the point in singing in tune if you don't care? Now singing out of tune when you do care... I have a lot of time for that. Step forward Wayne Coyne, Some Velvet Sidewalk, and many others. And Stephen Pastel.

Paperhouse Records, home of the first Teenage Fanclub album, and a great double a-side. Especially 'Firebell Ringing', which was probably the first Pastels song I ever heard, and I never looked back. 'Thru' Your Heart' includes the line "You'd never let me, but I'd die for you." Sold enough yet?

The guitar solo at the end of track 3 is awesome. Track 4 is a triumph of freeform singing. Track 5 should never really have made it out of the home, but I love that it's on here.

It should be said, I think, that my wife really hates this band.

1. Thru' Your Heart
2. Firebell Ringing
3. My Heart's My Badge
4. Sign Across Me
5. Thru' Your Heard (home recording)


Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment