Monday 1 June 2009

Manic Street Preachers - The Masses Against The Classes



I have (excuse the pun) masses of Manics singles, variously on CD and vinyl, dating back to when I was pretty obsessed with them in the Generation Terrorists - Everything Must Go phase. Got kind of disappointed after that, and then downright appalled, but they seem to have picked right up again on the new album (and Send Away The Tigers was alright, too).

This single was a little extra which came out on 10" and CD between This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours (which I really didn't like) and Know Your Enemy (which had, as I recall, one decent track and about 18 fillers). But anyway, 'The Masses Against The Classes' is a really good track, and it gave us all hope that they'd got right back to their best. Indeed, ten years later they had.

1. The Masses Against The Classes
2. Close My Eyes
3. Rock And Roll Music

Remember when they got good again, before they got bad again, before they got good again here.

p.s. Let me know if you're interested in more Manics stuff, because I can put some up for sure. They've released quite a lot of it on a compilation (Lipstick Traces), though, so you may have it already. Any requests?

3 comments:

  1. Oddly enough, I've just been listening to a lot of Manics again. It's good stuff - with the occasional pretty rotten track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this CDs, I had bought it from USA in 2000 at Boston, USA before I came back to Thailand. It is very pleasant to see them back way they belong. Would you please post more Manics stuff? They are really rare and difficult to find in Thailand. You can do it when You have a free time. Thank you very much for allow me to follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blog. If you could post any old MSP singles it would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete