Monday 18 May 2009

The Wannadies - Shorty (CD2)



Last night I had a dream. I don't remember much of it, but I do remember it was about trying to get a bus somewhere, and they kept driving off without me, or not opening their doors, or telling me they were going to the wrong place. I got on one eventually, and the driver was Norwegian. I was the only passenger, and put the bag and bass guitar I was carrying on the luggage bit behind him, and for some reason took out the guitar and explained to him that it was Swedish.

In homage to my dream, here is a Swedish band doing what the Swedish do best - pop. The single is great, and the first b-side is also really good. Second b-side is a different (much shorter) version of the last track on the album, and while it's much more chilled it's also well worth a listen.

I saw these guys years ago at one of the rainy Glastonburys, early in the morning, and they brightened up the whole festival. I have a lot of time for them, and hope you do too.

1. Shorty
2. Taking The Easy Way Out
3. That's All (The Livingstone Version)

Here.

1 comment:

  1. would love to be able to find a link to download this... the one you've posted seems expired.

    ReplyDelete