Thursday 28 May 2009

Superchunk - Mower



This single has as a b-side one of the greatest songs ever recorded; 'On The Mouth'. I could go on about the band for hours, I could get all emotional about travelling over 6,000 kilometres to see them. But I won't. I will give very simple instructions:

a) click here
b) enjoy the a-side, not one of their absolute finest, but a good 'un nevertheless
c) be converted by 'On The Mouth'
d) listen to 'Fishing' and know that if you like this you will like anything they ever put out (it's not 100% great)
e) have another beer, and take the toob!

I hope I have made this clear. It is not an optional download. You must hear 'On The Mouth' before you die.

1. Mower
2. On The Mouth
3. Fishing (live)

2 comments:

  1. I love Superchunk, but I had somehow overlooked this single's B-side. "On the Mouth" is so good, I'm almost mad I hadn't heard it before now. Great post and great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. Nice to know it's appreciated. It's an awesome song, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete