Tuesday 26 May 2009

Morrissey - Roy's Keen



I'm slightly reticent about posting a Morrissey single, as I suspect that after The Smiths and the two or three good Morrissey records you probably fall into the camp of having everything he's ever released tattooed on you, or you don't really care. This one, however, I came across in a box, and a few days later read that it hasn't been included on the recent remastered/rearranged version of the album it came from (Maladjusted, originally 1997). Weird. I think it's a great song.

Well, if you have bought the remaster, then here's a song which should have been on it. Maybe he's still peeved that it didn't make the charts when he'd already recorded a performance for Top Of The Pops (I know I would be). If you have it already, then there's a decent b-side and a not quite so good one, but both worth an ear.

1. Roy's Keen
2. Lost
3. The Edges Are No Longer Parallel

Heeeeeeere's Morrissey.

No comments:

Post a Comment