Friday 10 December 2010

DJ Shadow - Stem 7"



Hello again everyone. Sorry things have got a bit slack recently, but in my defence I'd like to say that I've become a father in the last month, and so much of my time is no longer my own. I'm guessing that a lot of you folks who are into mid-90s vinyl might have some sympathy... For the record, the only music which has possibly had any effect so far has been Brian Eno's 'Music For Airports', but seeing as babies sleep most of the time anyway I can't say with 100% certainty that it did much. I sang her some Guided By Voices in hospital and she didn't cry, which can only be a good sign.

That said, I'm going for quality, not quantity, and I've dug out a whole load of great singles recently. It's going to be a case of digitising them when I can, but I promise you there's some great stuff to come, both 7"s and 12"s are getting an airing right now.

For today, DJ Shadow's superb Stem single, this version is stuffed with samples from the film Heat, and is (in my opinion) even better than the original for just that reason. The b-side is also really good - great drums, an equally good title, and an excellent sleeve! Hope you enjoy them, and see you again soon with more from the vault...

1. Stem (Cops 'n' Robbers mix)
2. Red Bus Needs To Leave!

Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment