Saturday 18 December 2010

Twisted Nerve - Christmas Stocking Filler 7"



I said I'd found it! I have genuinely been looking for this 7" for over a year. Not continuously, obviously, but you know what I mean. It's Twisted Nerve records' 1998 Christmas single, with five tracks from bands/people who have become variously more or less well known since. I know nothing of Dakota Oak, Sirconical or Mum & Dad, but I guess you folks might?

It's all good, and I recommend putting this record on repeat throughout Christmas dinner - granny will LOVE it! Actually, the first couple of songs are alright instrumentals, Badly Drawn Boy does his own festive composition, and Mum & Dad's one is, despite its name, probably the least jolly...

The highlight of this little offering, for me, is Elbow. This is the reason I spent so long searching for the record. They're not a band I'm that enthusiastic about most of the time, to be honest, but this song is great! The ending will make your Christmas.

Your songs are:

1. Weinachten im Moomintal - Dakota Oak
2. Silent Night - Sirconical
3. Donna and Blitzen - Badly Drawn Boy
4. Christmas - Mum & Dad
5. Baby Jesus - Elbow

Happy Christmas!

p.s. It seems that this single is worth upwards of £50! Consider that I have saved each and every one of you this much money; that is my present to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment