Saturday 10 July 2010

Grandaddy - Everything Beautiful Is Far Away 7"



This single is notable for two things. One, it's my favourite Grandaddy song, I think. Although that changes quite often. Two, I found the 7" of "Pull The Wires From The Wall" by The Delgados inside the sleeve, along with the Grandaddy single. Weird, huh? I'd been looking for it for ages, and if you want to know why then stay tuned...

Anyway, back to the plot. The a-side of this is a great introduction to Grandaddy, synths, acoustic bits, quiet, got a groove, and the tune! Oh, the tune. It's all about the tune. And this is a good one. The b-side's also well, well worth a listen, kinda lazy-sounding, falsetto-y, smooth. Ah, the adjectives. Maybe you should just listen to them.

1. Everything Beautiful Is Far Away
2. For The Dishwasher

They. Are. Here.

2 comments:

  1. Creeping 'round my house at dawn,
    I'll keep my curtains closed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this post wins the prize for most downloads vs least comments. 117 downloads so far, and one comment which isn't about the track... (Thanks anyway though Andy, hope you liked the Delgados one!)

    ReplyDelete