Wednesday 21 July 2010

Drugstore - Injection 7"



Y'all like Drugstore, right? Y'all like the Flaming Lips, right? How about Drugstore plays the Flaming Lips? Don't say I don't do nuffink for you. This is a single from 1995, which I think I'm right in saying (I mean, I think Wikipedia might be right in saying) wasn't on any of their albums. The a-side is good, maybe not one of their best, but a good song - the squeaky noise at the end is good. B-side number one is kind of similar, very like the others of their songs that I'm familiar with.

The cover of "She Don't Use Jelly" is really good, somehow her voice really suits the song. I'd forgotten how much I liked this, even though it was presumably the reason I bought the single. Chorus is ace. Don't know what happened to the acoustic version - any ideas? The remix of "Gravity", the original of which was on their first album, is all orchestral. You might appreciate it more if you know the original.

And it's on clear vinyl. Sweet.

1. Injection
2. Heart Of Honey
3. She Don't Use Jelly (Electric Version)
4. Gravity (Terry Edwards Mix)

Hey ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment