Thursday 20 May 2010

Mudhoney / Gas Huffer split 7"



I don't know anything about this record, really. It's on a German label, it came out sometime in the 90s, and I bought it because I liked (and still like) Mudhoney. What more to add? Well, I don't know who the songs are written by, nor if they're available elsewhere. I also don't know what the Japanese on the cover means. I don't know anything about Gas Huffer either, except that they may have been on Sub Pop. They sound like they were, that's for sure.

So, I don't know anything. But what I do know is that the first chords of the Mudhoney side will take you right back, and the little bit of guitar at the end of the chorus of 'Knife Manual' is superb. I also know that the Gas Huffer cover photo is great. And that Danny out of Withnail & I seems to have joined Mudhoney. Both tracks are fun. Enjoy them.

1. Mudhoney - You Stupid Asshole
2. Gas Huffer - Knife Manual



Record here.

6 comments:

  1. this is a great single-
    here's the 12" version with a couple of extra tracks
    http://rapidshare.com/files/380347387/MudhoneyGasHufferSplit.zip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one - thanks for the extras! I did see it somewhere as a 12", but figured the extra tracks were lost to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also bought it (my only transparent saw shaped 7").

    ReplyDelete
  4. top blog mate! you stupid asshole is an angry samoans song, brilliant band- check out inside ny brain and back from samoa albums. knife manual was written by a band called the silly kittens but i`ve never heard the original

    ReplyDelete
  5. Could you reup? Please, thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Sorry for the delay - I've put it back up, hope you like it.

      Delete