Monday 5 April 2010

Three Colours Red - This Is My Hollywood 7"



Here, my friends, is a band putting the rock into indie-rock. Maybe even the ROCK! This is proper sub-three minute guitar fun, and to add a little something to this post it's the first release of this single, which was their first, on the Fierce Panda label. After this record they ended up signed to Creation, and apparently then went by the name "3 Colours Red". But ha! Here's the proof you've been looking for all this time to settle the argument with that floppy-haired mate who was into Marion too. "Three" it was, back in the day.

Fierce Panda, eh? Great name for a label, and a great label. I have a couple of 7" compilations they put out, which I'll try to dig up. I also bought their 7" release of a fight between Liam and Noel Gallagher, called "Wibbling Rivalry", which I remember being very funny. If I can find it, I'll up it.

Meanwhile, though, this is a proper jump-around-the-room record. Stick it on, stick it up, and pretend you're 16 again.

1. This Is My Hollywood
2. Hate Slick

Reet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment