Saturday 3 April 2010

Marion - Sleep 7"



I can't tell you an awful lot about this band, except that one of the guitarists is now in Bernard Sumner's new band. I'm sure that either Wikipedia or one of your mates who used to have that sort of floppy hair will be able to let you know more...

What I can tell you, however, is that they released one of the finest singles of the era, and I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that. It has everything, great intro, harmonica riff, killer indie-rock bassline. Brilliant. If you were listening to the radio any time in the mid-'90s you will probably recognise it, and if you've not heard it before you're in for a real treat. Love it. And, on top of all that, the b-side's really good too (in a Suede kind of a stylee), and it's on orange vinyl! What more could you ask for? Except fewer crackles. But it has been played a lot.

Hope you like it. I appear to have paid 99p for it back in the day, and that, my friend, is a bargain.

1. Sleep
2. Waiting For No-One

Hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment