Tuesday 13 October 2009

Tortoise / Stereolab - Split 7"



New job. That's my excuse. But here's something special for y'all to get your ears into, by way of apology for the delay.

This was a split 7" by these two, which they were selling at shows on the tour they did many years back. I caught them at the Bierkeller in Bristol, which is one of the few venues which still exists from my childhood (the Mauritania, anyone?) Anyway, I'm sure you don't really care, so on with the music.

They're both pretty good examples of the bands, so if by any chance you haven't come across these guys before then maybe this will turn you on to some good music. If you get a chance, I'd recommend getting hold of 'Millions Now Living Will Never Die' by Tortoise, which I also picked up at the same gig. Stereolab's albums all sound pretty much the same, but that's not to say you shouldn't try a few of those too. The Tortoise track on this 7" is kind of hypnotic, and I like it a lot. Stereolab's one is also hypnotic, in a different way, and I think you'll enjoy it.

1. Tortoise - YAUS
2. Stereolab - Speedy Car

Here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, another 7in I don't have to convert over to mp3

    ReplyDelete