Friday 20 June 2014

The Family Cat - Limited 7" with Furthest From The Sun


Something a bit different this time, and hopefully of interest to at least some of you. This is the 7" which came with initial pressings of The Family Cat's 1992 LP, "Furthest From The Sun". In my opinion their best record, although I like pretty much everything they did. Must hold the record for number of times I saw a band supporting someone else.

The first track is one of their own, and I can only imagine it didn't make the album because it's a bit too raucous. Sounds more like their earlier records in terms of energy, not as atmospheric as the album songs. It's really great, though, I like it a lot.

"Montague Terrace" I'm sure you know, but this was at the time the first version I'd ever heard of it, and I thought it was amazing. I still think it's pretty good - about as opposite in terms of instrumentation to the Scott Walker one as you can get.

Hope you like them.

1. Kolombus
2. Montague Terrace (In Blue)

Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment