Sunday 22 June 2014

Carter The Unstoppable Sex Machine - Rubbish 12"


This one is a dedication, of sorts. Just been to the UK leg of the wedding of a very good friend, who is a huge Carter fan. Couldn't help noticing a sad lack of any at the event itself, which is a disappointing oversight at any wedding, as I'm sure you'll agree.

Anyway, it was a lovely day, and it's a great shame that the happy couple live on a different continent to mine. Mat and Robyn, this is for you both. (Robyn, you don't have to listen to it.)

This single is bloody great. I think it's among my favourite Carter tracks. I heard it on the Steve Lamaq show the other day, and it reminded me that I had this lying around. First b-side is a Pet Shop Boys cover (really), with more edgy samples than I remember in the original. Second b-side also very good, excellent introduction.

I actually found it in a charity shop only a few months ago, in fact, so it's not a genuine 90s purchase, but it is from 1990. But as a bonus, someone had left a James 12" in the sleeve too, so when I get a chance I shall ensure that charity's oversight is your gain.

I hope you enjoy it.

1. Rubbish
2. Rent
3. Alternative Alf Garnett

Click HERE, Tim.

1 comment:

  1. Ha. Fantastic.

    Robyn's reaction to Rubbish was "it was alright", so perhaps my wedding playlist censorship was, as you say, misplaced.

    Tim: That blue bit is a link. Where it says "HERE". At the end of the article. Anything? No? Jesus! I'll draw you a damn diagram.

    ReplyDelete