Saturday 20 April 2013

The Pastels - Worlds of Possibility (CDS)

 

Happy Record Store Day everyone. I hope you managed to get out and get something you wanted. I joined a queue at the new branch of Raves From The Grave in Bath, and by the time I got in the shop there wasn't much left. Hey ho. Good day for the shops, though, which is the main thing.

So, more Pastels, and woodblock-tastic! And Gerard Love in the band! Awesome single by this fantastic band, although a bit of an acquired taste for some. Excellent single, and some good b-sides too. The singing on 'Ever Far' is ridiculously low.

The fourth track, which is a cover of someone I don't know, is particularly good. Anyone any ideas? I imagine this shows up my narrow and superficial musical education.

1. Worlds Of Possibility
2. Photogram
3. Ever Far
4. Love It's Getting Better

Hear ye.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i commented on this post, but if you dont mind, can you reupload this stuff again, i am too late to get this stuff (Urusei Yatsura / Mogwai / Backwater - Split Tour 7") thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. I've re-upped that file, but it's at 160k AAC I'm afraid. Also it's the wrong track-listing, but it's the only version I can find (see the post for the correct tracks). Hope that's OK!

      Delete
  3. Hi, thanks so much dbfreedom,its fine, really appriciate it, if you dont mind, i have another request,can you reupload backwater - memory? or do you have another stuff by them??? thanks again!

    ReplyDelete