Sunday 14 April 2013

Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps CDS


I'll be honest, much as I love the album this Massive Attack track is from (it's my favourite, which I know is blasphemy), the only reason I bought this single was the Manics version of the track. I loved the idea that the remix could work the other way round, and the result is pretty good - interesting at least. It must have been fun to do. There are some proper Manic Street Preachers backing vocals later in the track!

The proper b-side, 'Reflection' sounds more like a Tricky song, in the drumming anyway. It's good.

Your other remixes, in strict contravention of the "All Remixes On B-sides Are Shit" rule, are not shit. Alpha did an excellent job, and Track 5 is the Mad Professor remix of the track, just under a different name, which is alright. The last track is by members of the Ananda Shankar Experience, which means little to me, but might to you. Very good.

I should also point out that the sleeve for this CD is bright orange, not weird pink. It seems my scanner isn't 100% reliable.

1. Inertia Creeps (Album Version)
2. Reflection
3. Inertia Creeps (Manic Street Preachers Version)
4. Inertia Creeps (Alpha Mix)
5. Back/ Shecomes
6. Inertia Creeps (State Of Bengal Mix)

Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment