Thursday 19 July 2012

Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand


Very, very long gaps between posts, again. Sorry again. I might just set up some kind of header that apologises at the start of every posting. But here I am again. Hope you're all well.

This is the 1994 single version of this song, which is shorter than the album one. Goes without saying how good it is, and not surprisingly it's one of the live constants at Bad Seeds shows. This was a charity shop find a little while back, as I only really got into Nick Cave at 'The Boatman's Call', a few years later. And then went back to everything else.

The b-sides are interesting on this one. Track 2 is very much a jazz one, all over the place, with some excellent lyrics. Track 3 I don't know anything about at all, but the music is surely too similar to 'Red Right Hand' to be a coincidence. Anyone?

1. Red Right Hand
2. That's What Jazz Is To Me
3. Where The Action Is

Here it is.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I found your blog searching for Guided By Voices EP reviews and I love it! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! Hope you've found some other stuff you like too. New GbV album out soon...

      Delete
  2. Omg! I can't believe you exist. I'm over here in Philadelphia. I was searching for Teenage Fanclub--in particular their cover of the Pastel's "Nothing to be done" appeared on a Melody Maker or NME cassette that was sold with the magazine in 1997. I lost the cassette years ago, but have always missed that song. You can't get in on amazon, itunes, etc. But voila! You have it. So awesome! My only question--perhaps asked many times before--do I need an account to download from that site? Just clicking download didn't work. Did the link expire? Any advice appreciated. I'd really love to own that song. I'm putting it on a mix for a friend's 40th.

    I can't wait to explore the rest of your site. Thanks for all this work you do. It's tremendously helpful. Best, Farrell

    PS. And congrats on your country's successful Olympics' hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farrell,

      Thanks so much for your message - I'm glad you've been enjoying the blog! The link to that file does seem to work, but Rapidshare is a bit weird sometimes, so I've put it up on Mediafire too: http://www.mediafire.com/?bf58h8fc621vjva

      The Olympics has been good, hasn't it? I went to watch some handball on the first day in the Olympic Park, which was great. Well done on the US medal haul!

      Delete