Monday 9 April 2012

Tanya Donelly - The Bright Light CDS


Tanya Donelly isn't someone I've ever really been that into. Not through not liking her, but just kind of missed everything at the time. Not that she's stopped releasing stuff, right? But anyway... Belly were great, I was well into them, and The Breeders of course, but I'm always a bit suspicious of songwriters who go solo. It never works as well as being in a band; no-one to tell you that the song's shite.

Go on. Name one solo artist who's better than the band they were in.

This single, though, is very good. You can hear the Belly in it, which is no bad thing, and yeah, a really good song. I really like the first b-side, too, which is a bit heavier on rock and a bit lighter on production values. The third one's a nice slow atmospheric number. Good single overall, basically, and I hope you enjoy it.

1. The Bright Light
2. Bury My Heart
3. How Can You Sleep

Here she is.

1 comment:

  1. Imogen Heap is better than when she was in Frou Frou. Does that count as one?

    ReplyDelete