Thursday 21 October 2010

Slack Dog Ensemble - New Yawk Dog 7"



Here's something very special for you all. For 'special' read 'mental'. This 1995 7" is the only release by this 'band', who included among others Luke Vibert (from Wagon Christ and, well, Luke Vibert) and Robin Proper-Sheppard (from the God Machine). It's a great, great record. The a-side is a crazy distorted techno drum 'n' bass slab of madness, and you can only love it. The b-side is a little calmer, but still in a kind of threatening way. How it's a version of the a-side I have no idea, but the whole deal's something special.

1. New Yawk Dog (Super Seven Edit)
2. New Yawk Dog (Acoustic Version)

It also came out as a 12" with some more mixes, but I never picked it up. I'd be very grateful to anyone who did if they could point it my way.

Hope you like it as much as I do. And as much as I know my friend Dave will.

Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment