Monday 25 October 2010

Flying Saucer Attack / Jessamine - split 7"



Here's my contribution to the Keeping It Peel tribute going on today. It's a lovely split 7" from 1996 or so with Flying Saucer Attack (Peel favourites since they sent him their first single and he played it within a week) and a band called Jessamine, who I'm ashamed to know nothing about.

The FSA track is great, it's a classic of theirs, recorded in Bristol back in the day at the wonderfully named Feedback Studios. The Jessamine track (which I've named slightly wrong in the MP3 - sorry) is really good too, quite different to the FSA one, but none the worse for it.

I figured this was an ideal contribution today, seeing as discovery was what John Peel was all about, for me and so many others.

1. Flying Saucer Attack - At Night
2. Jessamine - From Hereto And Otherwise



Hear it.

1 comment: