Wednesday 22 September 2010

John Parish & Polly Jean Harvey - That Was My Veil 7"



After all that raucous Tiger nonsense I reckon it's time to get quiet, acoustic and Westcountry. This is one of my favourite PJ Harvey tracks ever. I know it's not just her, but you know what I mean. PJ Harvey-featuring tracks, if you like. It's off the first of the two collaborative LPs between these two, which is the one I got into more than the second. Brilliant song. Brilliant single.

The b-side is a bit noisier than the single, with a lush drum sound, and some kind of keyboard weirdness. I can hear why it didn't make the album, stylistically, but in terms of quality it's right up there. Great stuff.

1. That Was My Veil
2. Losing Ground

Here 'tis. Comment if y'all enjoy it. Right. Back to the Warm Jets hunt.

1 comment:

  1. Polly could release an album of farts and it would still be f___in' amazing! Cannot fault a single thing she's ever done.

    ReplyDelete