Monday 9 August 2010

Money Mark - Legitimate Pop Songs? 7" E.P.



And here's treat number two, which is a whole different kettle of mid-90s fish. This is Money Mark, out of the Beastie Boys (and others), playing some songs in the Rough Trade store in Covent Garden (I think) in 1996. The second half of track 1 is off his first LP, 'Money Mark's Keyboard Repair', which I think my friend Dave had on tape. I was reading an interview with Tim Robbins the other day (who is 6' 5" tall) and he reckons cassette and vinyl are far better than MP3.

Anyway, these tunes are very relaxing, as you might expect if you've heard any of MM's lounge-y tendencies before. Just right for an August evening, the sun's out, the birds are singing, and the forecast says thunder storms before dark...

1. Untitled Instrumental / Sometimes You Gotta Make It Alone
2. Untitled Instrumental

This way.

1 comment:

  1. Very exciting! I thought I'd tracked down all the early Money Mark stuff, but I was wrong!

    Nice blog you've got here, my friend.

    ReplyDelete