Thursday 17 June 2010

The Family Cat - Remember What It Is That You Love 7"



Ah, now here's something a little bit special for y'all. 1990's second single from the (in my opinion) criminally underrated Family Cat. I saw these guys supporting several bands in Bristol in my youth, and loved 'em every time. The first two albums are proper, proper indie rock, like you only got in the early '90s. Third album goes a bit more rock, but has some killer tunes on it nonetheless. I'm getting all nostalgic now.

Anyway, both tracks on this record are great. I actually bought the 12" the other day, but haven't got round to ripping (is that what you call it off vinyl?) the second b-side, but it's not all that. Good. But not all that. If you want it then drop me a line and I'll stop being so lazy.

Meanwhile, here is what 1990 sounded like. 20 years ago. 20 years ago...

1. Remember What It Is That You Love
2. Push Comes To Shove

There you go.

1 comment:

  1. A good band indeed. And a couple of years later, they were joined (temporarily) by one Polly Jean Harvey.

    ReplyDelete