Sunday 21 February 2010

Pure Morning - four singles

By popular demand, now that I have a HiFi working again, here are four singles by the band Pure Morning, who became Clinic. The first is from 1995, and has my favourite ever track of theirs ("Dress Up"), the other three are from 1996. That first 7" is a little scratchy - it's been played a lot...

I did post a couple of them a while back, but they don't seem to have stayed where they were put, so here they are again. This is great stuff!

While I was digging around I found a couple of Clinic 7"s ("Monkey On Your Back" and "Cement Mixer") from way back, so will put them up sometime too.



1. All The Guests Smile So Sweetly (the original version skips - here's a proper one)
2. Severed Cuts Up
3. Dress Up

... is here.



1. Scum
2. Funky Hospital

... is here.



1. Dinky
2. Fake Lady
3. Police Car Atrocity
4. Containers

... is here.



1. Foxhole
2. IPC
3. The Gardener

... is here.

10 comments:

  1. I'm loving these tracks! Just thought I should mention that "All The Guests Smile So Sweetly" has a number of skips in it (first one at 0:24). All the other tracks are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does, doesn't it... Sorry about that. I do remember that the guys who live in the flat above were stamping around all morning, so they may have skipped it! Will put it up again shortly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright - non-skipping version's up now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were a great band, who didn't become any better, or worse as clinic, just different. I have their 1996 lp 'two inch helium buddha'. Definitely one of the better albums of the 1990s. It contains all the A side tracks of these singles and a few of the b sides too. The best track on the lp is probably Harrison. Thanks for putting these up anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any chance of a re-post of these please? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave. Here's a link to all four in one ZIP. I hope it's not the version with the skipping track, as this is the only one I could find.

      http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/aQC9A4yS/file.html

      Delete
  6. Thanks for these - much obliged to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, do you remember this one?
    http://pyrolysebred.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/pure-morning-sick-profit-7-1994.html
    Unfortunately the link doesn't exist any more -
    I actually have part of 'sick profit' on a tape a recorded off John Peel back in the good old days and I've never been able to find it since so have never heard the full track...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little late, but do you have the whole peel session? THAT seems to be lost in its own right, though i'm still searching.

      Delete
    2. Hi. I'm afraid not... Have you seen this, though? Might be of interest:

      https://davestrickson.blogspot.com/2020/05/john-peel-sessions.html

      Delete