Tuesday 23 February 2010

The Jesus Lizard / Nirvana split 7"



This came out around the height of Nirvana madness, about 1993, and being an excitable schoolboy at the time I remember finding out about it and reserving my copy at Revolver Records in Bristol. Happy days.

Around the same time, I went to see Senseless Things supported by The Jesus Lizard. I thought the support were terrible, and sat in the bar with my mates. Looking back on it now, I realise that I can only be described as an idiot.

Anyway, the Jesus Lizard track is great, and the Nirvana one isn't on any albums of theirs (I don't think - maybe a compilation..?), and is also worth a listen. It sounds like something off Bleach, but a bit more mature, which is a pretty good combination in my book. This 7" is also worthy of a mention for the worst cover of the decade, possibly. Back cover's cool though.

1. The Jesus Lizard - Puss
2. Nirvana - Oh, The Guilt

Here you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment