Monday 22 June 2020

Tricky - Ponderosa 12"


More Bristol, naturally. This one I remember buying, the very next morning after hearing it on my little bedside radio on Mark and Lard's Radio 1 show. I used to listen to that show avidly, it's responsible for a decent chunk of my record collection.

There once was a record shop in Bristol (in a really scabby underpass by the bus station) called Replay. I went there weekly, if not more, and it was amazing. I'm sure if you Google it you'll find lots of nostalgia. At one point in the 90s they had four shops, one on a posher hill in Bristol, and three by the bus station; Replay, Replay Dance and Replay T-Shirts.

I only ever went in Replay (indie/metal), but they didn't stock Tricky, so I had to go to Replay Dance in my baggy jumper and DMs, get confused and disorientated by all the cool people and weird noises, and ask at the counter for this. It had blown my mind to the extent that I bought two and gave one to my friend Dave, whose HiFi had such loud bass that the floor shook on one of the b-sides.

Happy memories. I hope you enjoy it.

1. Original Version
2. Dobie's Rub Part 1
3. Ultramagnetic Terrorist's Power Club Mix
4. Original Instrumental
5. Dobie's Rub Part 1 (Tricky's Confusion)

Bristol.


2 comments: