Sunday 23 February 2020

Catatonia - Gyda Gwen very limited single-sided 7"


So, there I was, looking through my LPs, and realised I hadn't listened to Way Beyond Blue in ages. So I did, and had forgotten how much I liked it. Also, I had forgotten that my copy has a very limited 7" with it, with this track on one side, and nowt on the other.

It's all in Welsh, and it's really good. I'm sure it's available in other places, but I was excited to find it, so here it is. The "e" of Gwen has an accent on it, but I don't know where this is on the keyboard.

1. Gyda Gwen

Cerys before 6music is here.

1 comment:

  1. I think it was included as a hidden track on the CD. In case you don't know, 'gyda' is Welsh for 'with', and Gwen is a girl's name, but also means 'smile'. The title therefore translates as 'With a Smile'.
    The accent (or 'tor bach' in Welsh) is meant to elongate the vowel so it sounds a little like 'er'.
    Welsh lesson over. Nos da!

    ReplyDelete