Wednesday 19 July 2017

Yo La Tengo - Shaker EP


Unusually for me, a respected band who are still around. As opposed to a band that only me and you, dear reader, ever liked and lasted two years tops. And then reformed last year and played two festivals and a show at The Garage in Highbury.

Anyhew, this is one of the hypnotic-style Yo La Tengo tunes, and nice on headphones. Quite rocking and repetitive, all good stuff. They're one of those bands I tend to dip in and out of, sometimes a single or an album will really grab me, and other times I can really take or leave them. This I like.

The a-side was originally off a soundtrack, so wasn't on an album, so if you're a fan you might be interested. The second track on the CD is a Richard and Linda Thompson cover, which is really good, and has lovely harmonies on the chorus. Track 3 is more acoustic (but with feedback and brass, nice), and also a good song.

Good stuff overall. Hope you like it.

1. Shaker
2. For Shame Of Doing Wrong (Slide Version)
3. What She Wants

H'yar.

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic stuff, thanks so much for sharing this. I'm a fan of the band and yet shamefully was 100% ignorant of this release. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your posts. They are appreciated.

    Cheers

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all your posts. They were appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. any chance of a mass TFC re-post? am particularly after start again cd2 but any of the more obscure stuff would be appreciated, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. Sorry, I've been neglecting this blog for a really long time, and only just saw your comment. I'll see if I can re-up it all at some point, but for now: https://mega.nz/#!mUkgSSAZ!PdmwXnugK3yheZI1imhN-C_asgKxo0WGMLKyJTMbsB8

      Delete