Sunday 13 January 2013

Mediafire problems

Hello everyone. Sorry I've been a bit slack (even more than normal) recently.

I'm finding a lot of my Mediafire files marked as "copyright", which means they're effectively taken down, in that they're on the account but I can't share them. This is freaking me out a little, as I have other stuff in that Mediafire account, and I'm worried that because there are so many uploads for this blog they might shut it down.

Does anyone know if that's likely? And if I delete all the uploads is it less likely?

More importantly, which upload sites aren't going to start scanning my files and blocking them?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

5 comments:

  1. Mediafire has pretty much killed every file that contains music. It has some kind of bot they use that can find out the contents of zip and rar files. If it's music, they kill it and replace it with a message that says you can buy this album at Amazon and iTunes or whatever.

    Most blogs have switched their storage to Zippyshare or similar. I suggest you check that one out (though I suspect it won't be long before 'the man' pulls rank with them as well...

    Good luck mate, don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice - much appreciated.

    How about Google Drive? I think you can share individual files, and it's got enough storage for what I need. Also they don't seem to care too much what you use their stuff for...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah zippyshare or sendspace as they dont have the limits that rapidgator and uploadto have

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im doing pretty good with 4shared, (you have to register to download, but it's free)
    also Mirrorcreator--(Remember to check which file sharer's are best to use) They seem to leave your files up for a while.
    Rapidgator is hard to use and delete's files after a short time.
    (Best to keep the mediafile for a while just to have copie's that are relatively safe)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not worry it's a worldwide campaign.

    To prevent the scanning of the link
    put the name of the host in the first line
    and the link below with asterisks in the host name, e.g.

    ultramegabit
    http://************.com/file/details/nktlrjKNKn7

    ReplyDelete