Tuesday 1 November 2011

Teenage Fanclub - Grand Prix Bonus 7"



Just when you thought I'd run out of Teenage Fanclub... Because I was/am kind of obsessed with this band, I picked up this LP pretty much the day it came out, and was lucky enough to get hold of one with the bonus 7". Here, for your (hopefully) equally obsessive interest, it is.

Track 1 seems to be a recording of some vocals and a shaker, with the rest of the music in the background somewhere. There's some whistling too. And clapping. It's kind of nice. Track 3 is another version of the album track, with louder drums, I guess it's also a demo. Tracks 4 and 6 I had to do some digging about to find names (there's nothing listed on the record) - both instrumentals.

I hadn't listened to this 7" in years, and it's got a real intimate feel to it. Maybe that's just me. I like it, and hope you do too.

1. Discolite (demo)
2. Answerphone message (to Norman)
3. I Gotta Know (demo)
4. Coffee Morning
5. Norman's outgoing answerphone message
6. Untitled

Hear them roar.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the Teenage Fanclub. Scrolling through your pages is like wandering around the independent record shop back in the day looking at covers and imagining the secret goodness that the B-Side held for those who cared enough. Oh the pity for those poor folks with only the album tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know this existed. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete