Friday 20 May 2011

Sebadoh - Beauty of the Ride 7"



Hello. Sorry it's been so long between posts, but I currently have very little time to eat, sleep or think, so it's taken a bit of a back seat.

Anyway, as an apology for the delay, here's something a bit special from Lou Barlow and the boys. The a-side is off Harmacy, their 1996 Sub Pop LP, and is one of their best tracks, I reckon. If you don't know them then it's quite a good example (as long as you're also prepared for a few touches of noisy nonsense along the way).

Your b-side is a cover of 'Riding' by Will Oldham/Bonnie 'Prince' Billy/etc., which is a great song in its own right, and this cover does it justice. It's off a Peel Session, I believe, and is a kind of slack, ragged, laid-back... you know what to expect. Good stuff. Enjoy it.

1. Beauty Of The Ride
2. Riding

Here it's. Let me know if you like it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I just wanted to say that I really love your blog and you've posted so much great stuff. I'd really appreciate it if you could upload the Lemonheads "It's all true" 10" i've been looking for it forever and nearly died when i saw that you had it. Too bad the link was dead. If you read this i'd really appreciate it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi William. Thanks for the compliment - much appreciated.

    Here's a link to the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?8ysk6jykavav68q

    I won't put it up again properly because someone else took it down, although they didn't tell me about it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete